• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I have no service

arcturussage

Is anyone else having this issue? My house has always had pretty bad reception but my old LG Dare at least had some service in the house. I thought the droid X would at least match that if not beat it, but so far I've had "no service" 95% of the time and went between 1x and barely 3g for maybe a few minutes at best.

Someone else said they had very low service but it improved after they charged the phone to 100%. When I bought the phone yesterday they verizon employee got the charge up to 90% so I spent the rest of the night downloading apps and playing youtube videos to run the battery down. It drained completely and shut itself off then I charged it to 100% overnight but the signal doesn't appear to be any better.

I've tried a couple searches but so far most people seem to love the reception. Do I just have a dud?

did you dial *228 and done options 1 and 2 and rebooted?

i only lose reception when i go out to montauk. verizon is pretty amazing in new york.

if the programming doesnt fix your issue try to get a replacement

Are you having problems with making/receiving calls?

I wouldn't worry about the bars if your not having problems.

My results have been the exact opposite, my LG Dare had little to no coverage in the house and my Droid X gets 3-4 bars!!. I love it! 3G however is sketchy in the house though, good thing I have a wireless router :)

I am noticing less reception on mine at home seems to be spotty at times but not that bad I can live with it. The DX has so much more than the dinc had it nice it's really starting to grow on me.

I was worried about what kind of reception I would receive on this device, and so far, I have yet to drop a single bar!

did you dial *228 and done options 1 and 2 and rebooted?
Ill Try this.

Are you having problems with making/receiving calls?
Most of the time I have no service (phone says searching for service and has the circle with a line through it over the bars.

I don't think the phone is faulty, I went out for an hour or two this morning and after I got a mile or two from my house I had reception and it was -102 to -104.

My results have been the exact opposite, my LG Dare had little to no coverage in the house and my Droid X gets 3-4 bars!!. I love it! 3G however is sketchy in the house though, good thing I have a wireless router :)
This is what I was hoping would happen to me but it doesn't seem to be the case.v :(

Update for those that are interested. I have a faulty phone. Spent two hours at the verizon stores yesterday while they looked at it and tried to fix it. No luck.

They were going to order me a free replacement but because I got my phone from an authorized retailer they aren't able to ship me a refund or something.

Back
Top Bottom