• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I have to constantly switch my phone off and on to be connected to wifi.

So, I don't know if this is my phone's problem or Android's, but whenever I try to connect to the wifi outside of my home, let's say at a fast food restaurant or even my university, it is successful. What I don't understand is whenever I try to connect to my home wifi, it never works. However, after I turn on the wifi from my phone, I have to switch my phone off and on again and then it will connect. Sometimes it fails to connect and I'd have to do it all over again (switch my phone off and on.) I really don't understand and I was wondering if anyone else has or had this problem? It's weird because only when I try to connect to the home wifi does it become like this, not when I'm outside. :confused:

@minibutmighty i have almost similar problem wid d wifi connection but wat happens to mine is it doesnt get connected to my homes wifi network sometimes and after trying for 5 or 6 times den it gets connected

or u just forget d netwrk and connect it to again

its d only thng dat can be done i think

Hey, thanks for replying. I have an app called wifi manager and whenever I try to connect to my home wifi, I'll use the wifi manager to try and connect to the wifi too. Even after that, I'd still have to switch my phone off and on. I've tried forgetting the network plenty of times (before I installed the wifi manager) but it never worked. The thing is, whenever I try to connect, it says my home network is "not in range" :confused:

y dont u go near the modem and try and if u use that wifi manager kinda things dey might come in use or not but ur battery is gonna drain out faster for sure

Yeah, I've tried standing near the modem and everything. I don't mind about the battery because I'm just at home and I can charge my phone anytime. Using internet in general will cause the battery to run low but that's beside my concerns. It's just weird how this is only happening when I'm trying to use the home wifi. So, I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Sure, but promise you won't judge? xD I was just fiddling through my phone and I went to the Setup Guide and followed the steps. One of the steps was to set your wifi network. So, I did that and I could connect to my home wifi easily!

Back
Top Bottom