• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I have to restart my Galaxy s3 just to get it to function!

maltal77

Lurker
Mar 13, 2013
I really hope someone here can help because I have a very frustrating issue. I've started to notice that my galaxy starts acting up and in order to get it to function properly, I have to completely restart it! By acting up, I mean, it cannot find signal when I start up the navigation, cannot find signal for data connection, does not go into sleep mode and stays on continuosly. This is extremely frustrating since I end up restarting my phone at least once or twice daily! Please someone help!

I really hope someone here can help because I have a very frustrating issue. I've started to notice that my galaxy starts acting up and in order to get it to function properly, I have to completely restart it! By acting up, I mean, it cannot find signal when I start up the navigation, cannot find signal for data connection, does not go into sleep mode and stays on continuosly. This is extremely frustrating since I end up restarting my phone at least once or twice daily! Please someone help!

Welcome to the forums, maltal. :)

More info would help us to help you, as Nerd says.

But you can help yourself quite a bit by doing a few things. First, think back to when your device was running fine, no issues. Did you make any changes such as a new launcher or other 3rd party app/widget? Weather? News? Social Networking things that are set to update for you automatically (by update, I mean "sync," actually, and those things should be set to sync on demand manually rather than running services in the background all day draining resources ;)).

How about cache clearing? Do you do much maintenance on your device? Going into the Application Manager and clearing caches on ANY app or widget which allows that to be done, needs to be done to keep things light and fast on most devices. ;)

Upvote 0
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes my galaxy is Android version, carrier is T-mobile. I try and go into the programs that are running and end those constantly in case it's slowing things down. No I don't start navigation in the garage, it's in places where I should have a strong data connection. I'll lose connection at random times and places where I normally have full bars. I try and restart and sometimes, it fixes the problem, other times it doesn't. I've also tried clearing my cache and cookies. I actually did a soft reset yesterday. It's just very unpredictable. The only time it actually runs without incident is when I'm at home and it's connected to my home wifi. My phone did get fixed my Samsung after the LCD screen broke. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. Anyway, any answers or suggestions are appreciated!

Upvote 0
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes my galaxy is Android version, carrier is T-mobile. I try and go into the programs that are running and end those constantly in case it's slowing things down. No I don't start navigation in the garage, it's in places where I should have a strong data connection. I'll lose connection at random times and places where I normally have full bars. I try and restart and sometimes, it fixes the problem, other times it doesn't. I've also tried clearing my cache and cookies. I actually did a soft reset yesterday. It's just very unpredictable. The only time it actually runs without incident is when I'm at home and it's connected to my home wifi. My phone did get fixed my Samsung after the LCD screen broke. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. Anyway, any answers or suggestions are appreciated!

As a former T-Mo user, their data signal is extremely weak, especially indoors. Their 4G band is very high and doesn't penetrate buildings well. I would definitely assume this is a factor.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones