• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have triumph with charging port issues

Motofrust

Nov 3, 2012
This would be my third time to return the phone to VM. But I have noticed that they dont have Motorola triumph anymore? Will they replace my phone with equals ? I paid $300 last year and I am a customer over 1.5 year with VM. Maybe they will give me Iphone instead? :D I wish.... but ya never know.
I love my Triumph and the only issue is the charging port. Its a weak part...shame on company :(

This would be my third time to return the phone to VM. But I have noticed that they dont have Motorola triumph anymore? Will they replace my phone with equals ? I paid $300 last year and I am a customer over 1.5 year with VM. Maybe they will give me Iphone instead? :D I wish.... but ya never know.
I love my Triumph and the only issue is the charging port. Its a weak part...shame on company :(

Is it the port or your cord?

EDIT: VM has said before they will give you a different phone, only if the phone you are returning is discontinued and they are out of stock.

*cough*Triumph.*cough*

Upvote 0
If I return my triumph? what do I get from VM? A 60 dollars phone? hell no. I paid my phone 300 about a year ago. I want something equals to my phone :) maybe an Iphone ? :p

I actually emailed VM about it today. I asked them if we had to return our phone or get a new one for any reason, what would we get? Ill probably get a response tomorrow. Ill post what they respond when I get it.

Upvote 0
I actually emailed VM about it today. I asked them if we had to return our phone or get a new one for any reason, what would we get? Ill probably get a response tomorrow. Ill post what they respond when I get it.
You need to call them and claim it the phone is bad...then they will tell you they no longer have triumph. You tell them the phone was $300. I want an Samsung Galaxy phone :p

Upvote 0
With them being out of the phone my best guess would be what someone else said, HTC one V would most likely be what they would offer, they'll never give you a better more expensive phone unless u pay for it, and I'm sorry but the person who said they wanted an iPhone I would be willing to bet they would never offer that, iPhone still like $400-500, so even if the triumph was still brand new they wouldn't let ya get an iPhone replacement cause the triumph new was only $300 something then they'll say something like the current price is $250-280, ur broke one has been used so they'll throw in depreciation of value and all that

Upvote 0
Yes but when I needed a replacement charging port also broke they said that it was out of stock they said that they were sending me an HTC evo v it's supposed to be coming today
So you will get the HTC evo? :) and returning the triumph? What about the battery? You get that too? because I know with the triumph You keep the old battery and put it on the new phone.

Upvote 0
No they didn't I just received my HTC evo

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363742520766.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363742520766.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones