• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I hope this is just a bad battery problem

AirCatHeavy

My Intercept battery only lasts for 6 hours even on STANDBY ONLY.

Even if I never make a call or don't even use the phone for anything, the battery dies from a full overnight charge in about 6 hours, just sitting on a table untouched.

Please tell me this is just a bad battery ?

thx

i heard somewhere that if ur signal stregth is low that a droid phone will kill itself looking for better signal stregth. is this true and could this be this guys problem?

I know if I keep mine on while in my office at work it drains quickly due to low signal, if I turn on airplane mode it is fine.

You can tell us.

Settings>About Phone>Battery use

What's been using the battery?

Cell Standby - 56%
Bluetooth - 19%
Phone idle - 19%
Android System - 4%
K9 Mail - 3 %

Still not sure how to interpret this.

Wifi is OFF
Bluetooth is ON

Airplane mode is not an options as I need to receive calls at any time.

VERY annoying. If I don't charge the phone at least once during the day, it will die within 6 or 7 hours even if I do not use it.

Cell Standby - 56%
Bluetooth - 19%
Phone idle - 19%
Android System - 4%
K9 Mail - 3 %

OK, something is turning on WiFi and Bluetooth, and you need to find out what.

I've found Bluetooth to use up a lot of resources when it's on, so that's where I'd start.

For K-9, I check for mail manually. You could turn automatic checks off while you're sleeping, at a minimum.

The cell phone part of the device sucks down battery power in direct proportion to the weakness of your signal, but I get one bar at home and still get 3 days of light use on my phone before I have to recharge.

Also, try this. Run your battery down to zero (ok, 3%) before you recharge at least once a month, and always recharge to 100% if you can (actually 97%, but we won't split hairs). Better is doing that every 5th charge. The software in the phone can go weird measuring battery life if you don't do that.

Cell Standby - 56%

That's your problem right there, sure having the bluetooth on prolly isn't helping much, but your phone searching for service that much is killing your battery.

Cell Standby - 56%

That's your problem right there, sure having the bluetooth on prolly isn't helping much, but your phone searching for service that much is killing your battery.

If bluetooth is using 20% of the power, by turning bluetooth off, the OP would get another hour of battery life. More exactly, 1.2 hours, or an hour and 12 minutes, so bluetooth isn't insignificant.

And while I agree that searching for service or having no bars or one bar really kills the battery, it still should do better than 6-7 hours. While it sounds as if the OP is running his battery down pretty low, I think he might do better if he ran it down to 3% or below once a week and then recharged without waking the phone from sleep (or better, powered it down to charge).

Worst case, a new battery might help.

Back
Top Bottom