• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I missed the Donut update

I can't get mine to update either, tried the above method making sure i've got the correct one for my build CRC24, i just get the message can't update file Bad...

Any suggestions,
Many thanks

Mine's only 48hrs old though should i be patient and wait for Google to OTA it to me...

chances are they havent gotten to you yet

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have a Vodafone Magic (Australia). When I first got it late last year I started to try to root it so I could use it as a modem. But I didn't get very far with that procedure, although I did do something to the phone because I haven't been getting any OTA updates since.

So, I'm just wondering if there's any way I can download and install the latest official ROM for my Vodafone Magic in Australia? I've checked the HTC site but they only have a ROM for ordinary HTC Magics - not the Vodafone HTC Magics.

Any help gratefully accepted!!

Thanks,
Vicki

Upvote 0
@delboypb to check your build number go to :

Settings -> About phone -> Scroll down to the bottom -> What is the build number?

If it CRC37 that is the correct file, if it is different we may have to search for a new file compatible with your build. Just making sure you got the right one as that could have been the issue you got them error messages.

@ noonehereyet Mainly all the people I know which have the stock vodafone UK {32b} were CRC1. I'm just double checking anyway to help to make sure it is the correct one so delboy can have his Donut :D . Their are different variations direct from Google too like this one for CRC1 .... :)
Great brother keep it up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones