• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need a google pixel 8 manual

I just got a brand new google pixel 8 phone today.
Although it is an android phone it does not act and work like my last android phone.
Where can I download a detailed user manual ? Google searching has not turned up anything usefull

my previous phone was an LG Velvet. I was trying to use the same method of stopping alll my running apps which does not work on the pixel 8

one thing I noticed is when I swipe up from the bottom of the phone call app, I go back to my home screen.
was my phone call app terminated o rjust put into the background ?

Phones haven't come with 'manuals' as I know of them since like 2010. I think the most you get is a 'quick start guide' at best, and if the device is cheap enough some hilarious Engrish on top as a bonus ("Running game too long could cause fuselage to have fever" was one warning about my RCA Voyager tablet from Walmart!)

I used to buy 'for Dummies' books that gave a more in-depth view of any smartphone I bought, and they were excellent reference materials, and conveniently located in the Kindle app. Unfortunately, Nobody has written one for the Z Flip 4. I'm still trying to figure out what that 'membrane' is on the upper left side of the frame. It does nothing when touched, or swiped, but has to be there for a reason?

Swipe down twice from your home screen, see the little gear towards the bottom right?
Screenshot_20231225-104244.png

I managed to stumble across the settings screen a short while ago.
I installed an alternative keyboard that allows for big text and keys. even after making it the default keyboard, when I unlock my pixel 8 the google keyboard comes up.
can I somehow make this new keyboard come up when unlocking my pixel 8 ?

Back
Top Bottom