• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need an app

kymberlin

*~ Life is Beautiful ~*
I am quilter . I need an app that will convert my machine embroidery threads between colors/ brands. And a huge plus would to be able to store the threads I currently own.

Example: I have Sulky thread xyz
The color to convert would be Gutermann abc (same color as Sulky).

Quilting is a very expensive hobby, so I know this would be a profitable venture, and I would be able to promote it as I am a member of several guilds.

Please help as I keep rebuying the same colors over and over.
Thank you in advance

Kinda like this.....
http://www.embroiderydesigns.com/threadconversionchart.aspx

I PM'd you. Let me know what you think.

Biggest problem is monetizing this type of an app is the industry seems to standardize on using color names from one single BIG company which will lead to copyright issues. This company does have a rep for sue'ing people.

I would be interested in creating this app for you, do you know where i can get the database with all the different threads and manufacturers.

i would need them in a file that is editable (not PDF), and preferably excel or a database

I'm basically finished.

Stulish, what about copyright issues? I plan to contact X-Rite about the Pantone issues over the next few weeks, after the holidays.

Back
Top Bottom