• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I need help guys!!!

ludeawakening

Android Enthusiast
Here's the deal, my Droid has gone completely possessed. The menus are randomly opening and the notification bar pulls down by itself. If I'm in a menu, buttons will push by themselves. This is with any ROM I use. I've tried at least 5 different ones and get the same results. This is performing full wipes of everything before ROM install. And I've tried with and without the SD card in. If there is any way to resolve this please let me know. I love the phone and I'm having to use an LG Ally with a shattered screen at the moment. You can see this causing major frustration! Thank you in advance for any replies and help with this!

could be bad news

The Ghost Operator problem - your touchscreen digitizer has gone bad. Sorry about that.

or good news

A non OEM charger will also produce symptoms such as this.
My droid is an old refurb without issue. Must be well over a year old.

This is not difinitive, but I believe I fixed this issue for myself. I found a page online about someone who had used antibacterial gel on their droid and then later, after their droid went nuts, determined there was a slight (almost invisible film) on their screen that was causing the touch sensors to go nuts and they cleaned it. I wiped my screen like crazy with a screen wipe and it appears to be behaving itself currently.

good luck

Well I tried cleaning the screen really good. It works okay for a min but seems to get pretty hot. That's when it starts flipping out. I think there is something wrong with the CPU, causing it to get hot, which in turn causes the digitizer to malfunction. I'm lost on this one *shrug*

Back
Top Bottom