• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I Need Help!

So, I just downloaded and installed the new 04/09 update of angry bean. I did a backup, completely wiped the phone and installed it. I then rebooted and it worked fine. I very soon realized that I didn't flash gapps. I tried rebooting into recovery with the power button and volume down. It opens hboot, and this is what I see:

HBOOT

Parsing...[SD ZIP]
[1] RADIO_V2
[2] RADIO_CUST
Do you want to start update?
<VOL UP> Yes
<VOL DOWN> No

I clicked yes, thinking it would be over but I was wrong. It reboots and when I go back into it, it asked me to perform the update again. If I select no, it reboots. I plugged my phone into my pc to try rebooting into recovery using adb commands. It says device not found. I have no way of getting the 4EXT app on my phone, without google. I can't get into my recovery, and my pc won't recognize my phone for whatever reason. Anybody have an answer for me?? I would greatly appreciate it!

Brad

So, I just downloaded and installed the new 04/09 update of angry bean. I did a backup, completely wiped the phone and installed it. I then rebooted and it worked fine. I very soon realized that I didn't flash gapps. I tried rebooting into recovery with the power button and volume down. It opens hboot, and this is what I see:

HBOOT

Parsing...[SD ZIP]
[1] RADIO_V2
[2] RADIO_CUST
Do you want to start update?
<VOL UP> Yes
<VOL DOWN> No

I clicked yes, thinking it would be over but I was wrong. It reboots and when I go back into it, it asked me to perform the update again. If I select no, it reboots. I plugged my phone into my pc to try rebooting into recovery using adb commands. It says device not found. I have no way of getting the 4EXT app on my phone, without google. I can't get into my recovery, and my pc won't recognize my phone for whatever reason. Anybody have an answer for me?? I would greatly appreciate it!

Brad

You have to pull the memory card out of your phone and plug it into a pc, And delete PG86IMG.zip off the root of your SD card. Every time you go into your bootloader, It automatically looks for a file with that name. If you dont delete it, You cant get anywhere.

Reactions: bhoff15226
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones