• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I need help

jjohn7293

Android Enthusiast
I just bought a Note. The screen is glowing significantly while the screen is off.... Is this a hardware or a software issue???

is your phone rooted? if not, it may help posting in the correct section.

but if it is rooted, you can try various things like wiping cache and dalvik, or flashing a new ROM to see if the problem persists.

is your phone rooted? if not, it may help posting in the correct section.

but if it is rooted, you can try various things like wiping cache and dalvik, or flashing a new ROM to see if the problem persists.
Yes it was rooted when i got it. I have read that a kernel may give the screen some trouble with some roms... but I have tried a few jellybean roms to find out that it still does it. It works great but the previous owner lied to me. It has the red dot for water damage, however it runs perfectly fine. It takes FOREVER TO CHARGE and it is constantly dropping calls with my straight talk sim. It has a chargeport for an I9??? while mine is an I717. I have already ordered a new chargeport made for the I717. I took it to the iPhone Doctor, and he told me that... 1. It has the red dots for water damage. 2. It is the wrong chargeport. 3. he is unsure if changing the chargeport will fix the screen glowing (possibly due to a short in the chargeport since it is for another device)

Yes it was rooted when i got it. I have read that a kernel may give the screen some trouble with some roms... but I have tried a few jellybean roms to find out that it still does it. It works great but the previous owner lied to me. It has the red dot for water damage, however it runs perfectly fine. It takes FOREVER TO CHARGE and it is constantly dropping calls with my straight talk sim. It has a chargeport for an I9??? while mine is an I717. I have already ordered a new chargeport made for the I717. I took it to the iPhone Doctor, and he told me that... 1. It has the red dots for water damage. 2. It is the wrong chargeport. 3. he is unsure if changing the chargeport will fix the screen glowing (possibly due to a short in the chargeport since it is for another device)

The screen is working perfectly fine. However, when the screen goes to sleep... It begins to glow like this.
DSC_2009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom