• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I need help

dipson15

Lurker
I need help with my Sony experts z . I can't get notifications on my calls any more. The phone doesn't ring out even with an ear piece . All efforts to adjust the sound system have been abortive .

From your first post I'm assuming that you've checked to ensure tha tthe "ringtone" volume is not zeroed, so have you tried different ringtone files to rule out a bad file?

the ringtone volume is not zeroed . I've also tried other music files. All other alerts and music work well. sometimes, following a reset the ringtone might work for 2 or 3 calls then it goes off. What baffles me is that when it's not working even if I use the headset it will still not ring out and it will not vibrate either when set-top ring and vibrate .

That sounds, no pun intended, like some sort of software issue. I'd suggest first attempting a firmware repair via PC Companion, then if that doesn't solve the problem a factory reset.

Back
Top Bottom