• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dkl1

Android Expert
Jan 2, 2012
Centerville, OH
I have spent an entire Sunday afternoon trying to root my wife's Intercept. I rooted my EVO 4G back in January and I swear to you it was a cake walk compared to this thing! After following the 'recommended' process from a couple different sites and authors, I simply cannot get anything to happen.

I get the "Cannot open bin file!" error - over and over and over again. Not sure what to do beside call it quits and just go ahead and get her a new phone since she is up for a new one now. Just thought I'd see if rooting it would give it a bit more *umph* :).

If anyone has a good suggestion - one they know will work, AND, step by step directions! - I may be willing to spend a little more time on it :D. Thanks for replies...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones