• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I Rooted my T599N: Now What?

I just rooted my T599N, based on instructions here:. Now I'm wondering what I can do with it?

My primary reason for doing this is to be able to disable/uninstall power-consuming applications that I don't need/won't ever use. Thing I've noticed is that the phone doesn't look, appear or act any different.

How do I know that I've actually rooted the thing, other than Kingo says I did?

Can I get rid of the "Metro PCS" splash-screen?

well the first thing you can do is either swing by xda forums and check out the many cm/aosp based roms to flash, or you can try my rom found in these forums.. people seem to like it :D it's stock based, deodexed, debloated, some tweaks etc.. and im going to be doing more work on it soon (add a few mods etc..) welcome to AF :) hope i or anyone else can assist you in making your device better for YOU!

well the first thing you can do is either swing by xda forums and check out the many cm/aosp based roms to flash, or you can try my rom found in these forums.. people seem to like it :D it's stock based, deodexed, debloated, some tweaks etc.. and im going to be doing more work on it soon (add a few mods etc..) welcome to AF :) hope i or anyone else can assist you in making your device better for YOU!

Well thanks for the information and the invite. Can you send me a link? Do you have some kind of description of the mods, etc... ? Maybe a glossary to define terms like "stock based", "deodexed", (I can figure out what "debloated" means, etc...? And thanks for the welcome.

Is xda a subforum here, or somewhere else?

Also, Kingo said "Success" after the root attempt, but the phone looks and acts exactly the same. How can I verify that I actually have "root". I expected a marching band, and a cake with hot babes in bikinis jumping out of it, waving pirate flags.

Also, Kingo said "Success" after the root attempt, but the phone looks and acts exactly the same. How can I verify that I actually have "root". I expected a marching band, and a cake with hot babes in bikinis jumping out of it, waving pirate flags.

Did you install superSU? Grab it in the play store and a root checking app.

Back
Top Bottom