• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I want to know if the reverb comes with built in jelly bean system?

chago360

I want to know if when you buy the samsung galaxy reverb does it have ICS or Jelly Bean android system?

I bought the Reverb 3 weeks ago, and it came with ICS. I bought mine from a brick and mortar store though as well.

Stores buy a certain amount of X phone as they are, then sell them over time. When you buy online, it is usually bought and shipped as an on-need basis, so the phone is as up-to-date as it can be.

If you want ICS it would be better to go to a VM store and power a Reverb on and check yourself.

It's the same item regardless of the store. Choose the best price and best policy in case you have issues

Do you think RadioShack would be a good place to buy the reverb or Bestbuy?

Wherever you go, ask the rep if he/she knows what version of android the reverb has. Then ask if they can power it on to double check. Make it clear how badly you want the reverb and they will probably try their hardest to help because they want the sale.

Yeah I was thinking about doing that and now I went on eBay and I am going to buy a phone that has never been used and so I think it would be ICS

Be default the Reverb comes with ICS (specifically 4.0.4). If you buy a refurbished one and it has Jelly Bean, then either the previous owner or the store you bought it from upgraded it, but the default phone comes with ICS.

As for where to buy it from, the best deal I have seen for a new one is on Amazon for $120 (Best Buy has it for $200).

Bought mine online directly from Virgin Mobile just two days ago - it arrived today, and out of the box it has JellyBean, Android 4.1.2. Going forward, I would say that all new Reverbs are going to have OotB JB.

Hi,

I received my phone 5 days ago w/ 4.1.2 Jelly Bean pre-installed. First, I disabled Hotword detection. After installing a bunch of updates, the phone asked me to reboot. So far no freeze at all.

I have a newer Samsung Galaxy Reverb SPH-M950 Virgin Mobile that came with JB 4.1.2 pre-installed.
NONE of the Reverb Roots for JB are working.
I tried reverb-cwm-test-8 and cwm-touch-iconvmu-signed(cwm6030) for the Reverb with no success. I tried different versions of TWRP made for other Samsung phones, with different results, but still no success.
Odin3v304 does flash the recovery successfully, but the previous CWM's made for the older ICS based Reverbs do not boot when i finally get into Recovery mode with the OutOfBox 4.1.2 Reverbs.
Something has changed with the JB 4.1.2 pre-installed Reverbs that is not allowing the commonly know JB roots via Odin.

I really just want to put an older ICS build on this phone because of the TouchScreenLock issues it has with any JB build...
I've had the phone for 2 days, froze on the 2nd day once so far with JB.
I have not disabled Hotword detection.

Anyone had success with newer Samsung Galaxy Reverb SPH-M950 Virgin Mobile that came with JB 4.1.2 pre-installed?
I notice the Kernel Version is dated April 30 of this year...hint?
NOTE: I have not Activated the phone yet (not sure that makes a difference)

Carrier
Virgin Mobile
Mobile Network Type
EvDo-rev.A:8
PRL Version
Model Number
SPH-M950
Android Version
4.1.2 (Out of the Box)
Baseband Version
M950VPBMD6
Kernel Version