• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Icon and notification issues.

Alright, so I have an R800x here that's giving me issues. I'm having an issue that happened once or twice before, but now it's getting more common.

What happens is that at times the 3G/Wifi and signal bars will turn a florescent green, and then the notifications will go bonkers. One time it suddenly downloaded about 60 notifications at once (thankfully my notification sound is tame). Bars continue to switch back and forth between green and the default white. Next time, it downloads and displays a full Facebook conversation I'd had the night before, along with eBay sale alerts from the day prior.

It also started displaying 'Away' icons next to people in my Messages app. Never anything else, just the orange away clock.

It's the most recent software for the phone (I notice that when I try to check for updates it just tells me it can't connect to the server now).

Did a full reset, issue persists. I've had the phone for a little over a year now. Never been rooted, and I don't install crap apps.

Only thing that changed when the issue became far more prevalent was switching batteries. Battery was for the phone, so I doubt that was the issue (and sticking the factory battery back in didn't help).

Ideas? It isn't doing it right now, but the fact that the minute I got the phone set up again left me with green icons doesn't inspire confidence...

Back
Top Bottom