• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS & Razr - Screen on not an option?

That works fine during the day; at work and in the car, but it really isn't an option for sleeping. I'd like the screen off when it's charging and I'm asleep.

What I'd really like is the old settings which were available in 2.3.6

Update: 11 minutes later - even with "Stay Awake when charging" set in developer settings, the screen goes off after 10 minutes. Grrrr.

Upvote 0
That works fine during the day; at work and in the car, but it really isn't an option for sleeping. I'd like the screen off when it's charging and I'm asleep.

What I'd really like is the old settings which were available in 2.3.6

Update: 11 minutes later - even with "Stay Awake when charging" set in developer settings, the screen goes off after 10 minutes. Grrrr.

While I am sure there are other apps that can do this, I have SwitchPro installed and one of the widget choices is "Keep screen on" or you can choose to have that toggle present a choice of screen on times. I have not tested it to ensure that the screen does stay on for more than 10 minutes, but when tapping it, a little message appears saying "keep awake ON". I guess you can try it for 14 minutes and if it doesn't work, get a refund before the stupid 15min limit is up.

This app allows you to put several toggles on a widget, various sizes and colors, and you can even have it appear in your notification area as well.

Upvote 0
In fact, that's where I first noticed the problem - in Smart Actions. I have rules set for work, home, sleep, weekends, etc... and they don't work right because ICS doesn't offer a "keep on" option.

The last thing I want to do is slave to my phone, setting things this way and that way depending on where I am. It's technology - it's supposed to support me, not the other way around!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones