• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS tethering

MasterGadgets

My RAZR is un-rooted and do not want to root it.
Since the ICS update, I can not tether with it. Before I could use FoxFi or USB tethering, but not now.
Did Motorola disable the USB drivers to prevent this?

if you want to connect your computer to the phone so your computer can get on the net then there is only one choice.

its PDANET and i have found it works better than anything.

PDANET cost like 15 bucks on the market and it is the bomb !!!!

op, use an app like appsaver to take a backup of all the apps that you have and move them to sdcard-ext and then do the reset (during the reset, dont wipe your sdcard-ext) or else you will have to download everything from the scratch

OK. Did not want the headache of doing it, but did a factory reset [pain in the a$$] . FoxFi works now.
Thanks to all that responded!

I had the spectrum. Was able to connect my laptop to it with Foxfi. Took the spectrum back cause I hated it. Much happier with my razr maxx but I cannot connect to Foxfi now. Can't figure it out, nothing has changed other than the phone. Any ideas? And as far as factory reset I just got the phone and upgraded to ICS. I started from factory. Ideas? Or another mobile hotspot app I should try?

I had the spectrum. Was able to connect my laptop to it with Foxfi. Took the spectrum back cause I hated it. Much happier with my razr maxx but I cannot connect to Foxfi now. Can't figure it out, nothing has changed other than the phone. Any ideas? And as far as factory reset I just got the phone and upgraded to ICS. I started from factory. Ideas? Or another mobile hotspot app I should try?
With the experience I had, eventhough you started with a new Razr, I would recomend a factory reset. It seems the ICS upgrade causes trouble.

if you want to connect your computer to the phone so your computer can get on the net then there is only one choice.

I am not able to tether my droid razr via PdaNet any more after upgrading to ICS. It was working fine before the upgrade. Please help.

I thought PdaNet was free? Every time I have downloaded, I've never payed for it.

I am not able to tether my droid razr via PdaNet any more after upgrading to ICS. It was working fine before the upgrade. Please help.

Have you tried using FoxFi?

Back
Top Bottom