• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS to run on PC

lrollo

Feb 19, 2011
I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 with Intel dual core CPU on which I want to run a version of Android, preferably 4.0.x for demonstrations to a group of senior citizens.

I did a Goggle search and tried several suggested methods, but most of them seem to be tied to specific branded hardware. These included VM and VMPlayer, but without success.

I find virtually all the video demonstration so poor quality as not to be helpful.

I have SKD already install as a prerequisite to running Droid@Screen (which runs well).

Does anyone know of a generic-based set up I can try. or any other solutions that are known work.

I prefer text based instructions supported with screen captures of the ACTUAL PROGRAMS and ISOs used that can be run on my Samsung Tablet as PDFs.

While you can run Android ICS(Android-x86) on a PC, either virtually or on the bare metal, as they say. While I did get it to work, but I have to say it is alpha, networking doesn't work for a start, so no internet.

They only do it pre-built for specific popular brands, like Asus and Lenovo, and presumably PCs that the devs are using, because each build has to be unique for certain hardware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones