• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Idea I have for an app for smart tv's running android

I have an idea for an app that I think is too hard for me to write considering I've never wrote an android app before and not even sure it would work the way I'm hoping. the app would use p2p network to stream video like tvants. The idea is to make a program where you can either set the program to run in the background and stream whatever you have running on your tv or you can browse a list of what other people are streaming. There would be a disclaimer to not broadcast copyrighted material of course but since it's p2p noone would have control over what is shared. For example if someone is watching a game only broadcasted on nfl network they could run this program in the background and stream it to whoever else wants to watch. I think this could become popular because if someone has a smart tv that's not hooked up to cable and they don't have netflix or hulu or any paid services like that there options are very limited and since there are so many smart tv's being sold I think there is going to be a ton of demand for good apps in the near future.

Well you have three options, write the program yourself, pay for someone to write it for you, or do nothing and see if anyone else makes a similar app and gets all the glory. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. ;)

Back
Top Bottom