• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Idk if this is the right place, but I have a few questions.

sinister86

Lurker
I have a Verizon Droid Razr M XT907 with 4.1.2 Jelly Bean... It was given to me as an early Christmas gift... Well when I went to go get it turned on, Verizon wanted $400 deposit to just turn the dang thing on, plus I had to buy one of their phones as part of the contract anyway... So I took it to a Cricket store and they wanted $90 to flash it and require me to activate service at the same time for like $60... Sorry if I'm rambling on but I just want to know if its possible to flash it on my own and still get Talk, Text, MMS, and 3G and if so if someone could please lead me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Sinister

P.S.
Should I upgrade from 4.1.2 Jelly Bean? And if i should, to what?

Thanks in advance to any who respond.

Here moved your post here the the Droid M rooted section for better help and support. ;)

First off, sinister, welcome to the site :hello:

Second, were you a VZW customer when first you received the phone? From what I'm reading you were not, because (I am assuming) that would be why VZW would want you to pay a deposit. You should be able to activate it on a prepaid plan with either VZW or go to PagePlus.

Cricket, as far as I know will not 'flash' it in the same sense as what is sometimes talked about here when we 'flash' a different ROM. They will only add the MEID to their system and change the APN settings to make it work, if they can.

At the end of the day, 4.1.2 is the latest official release for the VZW XT907 for now and unless yours has the VZW system version # which allows you to unlock the bootloader, you should just stick with what you have.

good luck

Back
Top Bottom