• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If you hate your Eris...

...xtrROM 4.0.6 is the answer!

About a month ago, my Blackberry died for the 3rd time. I was still 4 months out from an early upgrade and Verizon offered me a free Eris. Even though the Eris had been EOL'd, I figured I could play with it for a couple of months until I hit my early upgrade.

The first 2 weeks were TORTURE! I'd never had such a laggy phone in my entire life. I contemplated deactivating the Eris and have my old RAZR reactiviated (yes, I was THAT frustrated).

I decided to root and did so with the PlainJaine ROM. That made a little difference, but didn't rid my phone of lag. I was just about throw in the towel when I decided to give xtrROM 4.0.6 a try. It has solved ALL of my problems. My Eris runs smooth as silk and I'm deeply in love with it now!

Just though I would share...

Yep, root your phone and try a rom!

There are basically two camps on this site. Those who rooted are very happy and those who didn't wish for a different phone because of how slow theirs is. Rooting fixes the problem because it gets rid of Sense (main cause of the slow downs).

...xtrROM 4.0.6 is the answer!

About a month ago, my Blackberry died for the 3rd time. I was still 4 months out from an early upgrade and Verizon offered me a free Eris. Even though the Eris had been EOL'd, I figured I could play with it for a couple of months until I hit my early upgrade.

The first 2 weeks were TORTURE! I'd never had such a laggy phone in my entire life. I contemplated deactivating the Eris and have my old RAZR reactiviated (yes, I was THAT frustrated).

I decided to root and did so with the PlainJaine ROM. That made a little difference, but didn't rid my phone of lag. I was just about throw in the towel when I decided to give xtrROM 4.0.6 a try. It has solved ALL of my problems. My Eris runs smooth as silk and I'm deeply in love with it now!

Just though I would share...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones