• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If you want a charging dock, GRAB ONE NOW!

CommandoJ

So I just hit the Verizon website and, guess what - they are finally in stock!

This is the day after my dock arrived - I bought it from someone on ebay for $47! I told myself I'd wait until the first of the month, I waited a little longer but I didn't think they'd EVER be in at the Verizon store.

If I may ask, since I have never bought one of these before, but what exactly do you need the dock for? Does it just charge the phone and keep it sitting upright? Or does it do something else?

If so, I am a woodworker and could easily build wooden ones that would just use my OEM charger.

If I may ask, since I have never bought one of these before, but what exactly do you need the dock for? Does it just charge the phone and keep it sitting upright? Or does it do something else?

If so, I am a woodworker and could easily build wooden ones that would just use my OEM charger.

If you look on the side of the phone, there are little brass ports. Those work with the charging dock. It is convenient because you can charge it without opening the USB port, and wearing out the O-Ring that keeps in waterproof. And, it is much more simple to rest it on the dock. The phone also goes into a dock mode as well, making it a great alarm clock.

Ah, I see. OK I can't recreate that easily, although I probably could just for myself using a spare charger, some fine stainless steel wire, and a little solder. I'm a bit of a DIY addict, I have a bad habit of spending $50 to save $20.

Well that didn't last long. They are out again. The good news is that the extended battery is available for the time being.

I'm just waiting for the cradle to be in stock before I grab the new Commando.

ARE YOU LISTENING, VERIZON WIRELESS????

You have to quick! I saw the dock was in stock, got my new phone yesterday and the docks are out again. And I don't think they'll let you pre-order either.

I ordered mine on Sunday and its here today. But don't see them for sale now. I would have thought that a company like Verizon would them in stock. Not.

It seems that certain eBay sellers have plenty to sell (at $49.99+). Maybe the supplier gets a better deal with them than they do with VZW?

Back
Top Bottom