• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Im a 1st time android user

My name is Kamaro and Im a 1st time android user(:p), I just got my phone about two weeks ago and after about a week and a half of research I rooted my phone last night(:D). There are many other things Im interested in doing and changing on my phone, but FRANKLY IM TOO AFRAID NOT KNOW TO MUCH ABOUT THESE PHONES(:eek:). Any help, comments, guidance, recommendations and input is always welcome and much needed from anyone at anytime. I want to change my ROM still I think, But Im currently still reading up on it & trying to learn about it. I also started to remove bloatware off my phone, but there is still things on there Id like to remove Im just not sure if I can and what I can(:confused:). I have very limited internal storage on my phone and Id like to free up as much as possible{off my SAMSUNG PREVAIL from Boost Mobile} Also is there a app to be able to move things to the sd card that you cant move there on its own to begin with, Id like to be able to move much more of my things to my sd card!?!?!?!?!?!(:confused:)

~Kamaro~

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

The best insight for your particular phone will come from members in Samsung Galaxy Prevail - Android Forums. The rooting subsection can help you select a rom. :D

Let me offer a word of caution. Many apps provide services for other parts of the OS and if you remove them, you can disable certain features or make your phone unusable. More importantly, system apps are not easily restorable like simply installing an .apk file. And once deleted, even a factory reset will not recover them. You will have to locate and flash a stock rom image to get them back. If you plan on rooting and deleting those apps, please check back here first before you do anything so we can make sure it's safe for you to delete those without any negative impact to your phone.

Hi Kamaro, welcome to Android Forum. I hope your time here will be as good as mine. Happy New Year. :)

Ive alread rooted m phone a few days ago and backed everything with titanium back up, then b4 deleting anything I had already came back to http://androidforums.com and researched and only removed my bloatwear other than that Ive kept everything else stock and only moved over the one app (FACEBOOK) that wasnt movable to my SD card over to it. Now Im at a standstill bacause frankly Im just stupid and have no clue now what Im doing and I dont wanna mess up my phone. (No matter how bad I want these other things done to my phone) Its just not worth me trying something I know nothing about. But, again Anyone in my area willing to teach me a few things sometime so I CAN DO MORE TO MY PHONE, I would greatly appreciate it! ~Thank's~

Back
Top Bottom