• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Im New Here Just Needing Some Help

yungree

I rooted my phone yesterday but now im not sure what im supposed to do. It still works perfectly and all i just want to know some of the advantages of having a rotted phone. Can somebody please help me!!?!?!?!?

Rooting just gives you more options. You are now fully in charge of anything on your device.

I'd suggest checking out some root only apps or looking into flashing custom ROMs/kernels

first thing i would do is check out the clockwork mod faq page and install that, from there you can install roms and not have to worry about modifying your stock one, with most modified roms they come with build prop tweaks, removed bloat and essencially faster and better then stock, also include some cool apps like wifi tethering and some roms offer a overclocked kernal, just browse around the forums im sure you will learn some cool stuff, also you can change which tower you connect to with a prl swap

You will also be able to fully back up all of your apps, games, and all associated data with ease, and have them all backed up to an external SD memory card so that should anything happen to your phone, you can use that SD card and the right app (Titanium Backup) to restore your apps and data. The potential you now have with a rooted phone is, almost literally given that it's Android, limitless.

Back
Top Bottom