• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm really angry with Samsung

I just had a notification of a OneUI update on my S22. I let it perform the update but it then wouldn't let me back into my phone without going through all the new 'stuff' that's been added. There was no way to bypass it because the Recents and Home buttons were absent. That was mildly annoying but what really infuriated me was that it wouldn't proceed further without me logging in to my Samsung account. The problem was I DIDN'T HAVE ONE!! I've never wanted one so have never set one up. It didn't provide an opportunity on the page to create one so I was locked out of my phone. I had to go into the Samsung webpage on my PC and set one up before I could get back into my phone. To add insult to injury in order to register I was compelled to enter my date of birth. I don't feel that corporations like Samsung should have the right to demand such personal information.

It was lucky I was sitting at my PC. If I'd been away from home I would have been completely locked out because there was no way to bypass the screen so no way I could access my browser to set one up.

I find this behaviour on the part of Samsung - locking me out and forcing me to create an account - totally unacceptable, not to mention unethical, and when the time comes to upgrade my phone it will not be another Samsung. Nor will I purchase any other Samsung products from now on.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones