• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Image order

Dkaneko

Lurker
I loaded jpeg files from my computer to my SD card and discovered the images are ordered on my phone in a weird way: 1.0, 10.1, 100.1, 101.1, etc. The correct should be: 1.1, 2.1, 3.1...10.1...100.1... What's going on? Is there anything I can do to correct the ordering on my phone? I don't want to rename hundreds of files just for my phone?

The order is alphabetic, not numeric. The value of '.' is 46. The value of '1' is 49. The value of '0' is 48. So 1.0 is '49' '46' '48', while the value of 1.1 is '49' '46' '49'. So 1.0 is a lower value than 1.1. (10.1 is '49', '48', '46', '49'.)

You can accept that that's how computers work or you can rename your files.

Sorry, I don't understand. My computer has no problem ordering files numerically. If it couldn't, I would have never used my system of listing files as 1.1, 2.1, 3.1, etc. in the first place. The problem is when I moved the files based on this system to my smartphone. Is there any way my phone can understand how I want to order my files, as my computer does, or is there no way to adjust for this? Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom