• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Importan Crippling problem NOT BRICKED

Hello all ok My HTC One S (T-Mobile) has a crippling issue. It keeps freezing and rebooting. I've slowly figured out that anything that makes and audio sound causes it to do this. but if I plug in headphones the problem isn't as bad. BUT the beats audio option DOES NOT POP UP like it usually does. It's as if it has been deleted permanently. My main problem it that i'm going to get fired from my job of 3 years because my phone is my only alarm, and the phone is just absolutely messed up, and shuts uff when it's time to wake me up instead. I've been trying to trouble shoot it for 3 days now. It all happened after I installed plants vs zombies 2. the game started glitching out like a laggy online game, but it's not an online game. Then it froze. None of the buttons worked. the screen when to white static and eventually rebooted. I deleted the game. The problem is still there. I deleted everything and the problem is still there. On day 2 i did a factory reset and everything was working a little better, but the beats audio option still was not there when i plug in headphones. How can I fix this? it's as if a file was deleted. a sound driver of some sort that is confusing everything. It is still rebooting when i send a text or close an app. According to this cleaner app. my RAM is always around 60% - 68% no matter what deleted and closed. I know it's a few years old, but it's ran smooth as newer phones up untill a few days ago.

app suspects
-Moga VK
_Moga VK Driver (these are for roms)
^they gave me problems in the beginning till i researched and set it up right
-Plants VS Zombies 2 only because it happened right after that.
-Beats Audio
-maybe it's the headphone jack

any ideas? Thanks in advance:D!

I'm lost and new to this all. my phone is not Rooted. completely stock. I don't know where to safely download a rooting file. or where to get the ruu. that is all up to date. All the post i find are old. and everything i search just takes me to HTC One. not an HTC One S. I'm affraid of using the wrong files, and destroying my phone. I'm poor. can you guys point me in the right direction?

Update: It is indeed a problem with my headphone jack. I'm going to try cleaning it. Canned air did not fix it. It must have some heavy grime down in there. I'm going to try the tape trick. then the de-cottoned Q-tip + Alcohol. This is a serious problem and if I can fix it. This should be sticky-ed to help other people from being told their phone is fried, when it's not

I tested the jack with a youtube video by slowly pulling out the headphones while the audio is going. There is (I think) 3 notches that hold a connection on the jack. When I pull it out of the first notch the video plays, but the audio doesn't come out of anything. When I get to the second and third notch. the video stops and my phone freezes. As soon as I plug it all the way in the video plays, audio comes out of headphones, and the phone un-freezes. But no matter what. If sound comes out of my handset speakers at all. the phone freezes, and goes into this never ending reboot cycle. Unless I previously put the phone on silent mode. it freezes up on the android boot screen where the little green android dude launches into the air.

Back
Top Bottom