• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Improve performance...

bg4m3r

Android Expert
I have a NOOKcolor 1.4.3 running cm7 off internal storage. It runs OK, but I would like something that runs more efficiently. What ROM would be ideal, and what would be the best method of installing? If possible, I would like to be able to run Chrome, but I know that requires android 4 minimum.

Mirage Kang CM7.2
Runs extremely quick. Best for NC.

Just left CM7 Official myself. (Problem with Google Play crashing)

Mirage has a custom kernel that really unlocks potential of NC.

Just flash it after flashing ROM. Amazing.

You can find Mirage on XDA

I installed mirage 7.2, cm7 gapps, and the encore emmc recovery. However, I can't download anything from the play store and google talk keeps failing to authenticate. I have an sd card installed. Any suggestions as to the problem?

Nevermind, I did a factory reset from within Android and it's all good now. :)

Good deal. Sorry I didn't get back to you in time. I would have suggested that or a total wrote and clean install.
It isn't the newest android but the best ROM for our device by far IMO

Let me know what you think on my other thread CM7.2 Official vs Mirage CM7.2

Been running Mirage 7.2 for a few weeks now. I like it. It is better, nothing super substantial, but noticeably smoother and a bit more responsive. I have a question though, on CM7 there was an option for RAM compression. I have not seen this in Mirage. Is there a way to add it, is it really worth it? Also, when I was running CM7 I was able to utilize the 5GB internal storage for downloads, apps, etc. I seem to be having trouble getting this to go in Mirage. Granted, I haven't messed with it extensively, but is there something I might be overlooking or misconfiguring?

@crazynapkinman: I looked for the post you mentioned but couldn't find it. Is it on a different forum? Could you post a link? Thanks for your help. :)

Glad you came by and posted that. I messed up the tablet and need to reflash. I was trying to slim it down and removed something I shouldn't have. Factory reset finished it off, lol. Good thing this is just something I play around with and use for ebooks and Netflix on the road. :p

So I've been poking around and found another ROM, Phiremod 7.2. It seems to be working well. About the same level of performance as the others, supports overclocking to 1.2Ghz. I had tried out MROM 10, and it seemed to run acceptably, but I had problems with Netflix playback. Anyway, just wanted to mention this for anyone poking around.

Back
Top Bottom