• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Income Tax Time for 2023

AugieTN

Retired IBEW
Started to put all my income tax stuff together for 2023. I discovered a 1099 from a company that I have never had or heard of in the past, so I called them.I gave the first woman my name, DOB, SSN, account number and she couldn't find anything on my information so she forwarded my call to a supervisor. 30 minutes on hold and I get a supervisor. Turns out one of pensions I have decided late in the year to switch companies that pay it out. How stupid is that? How am I suppose to know that unless I waste time trying to figure it out. I was told a letter was sent out about it.

That kind of stuff happens with some regularity. I wonder if they actually sent you an advisory letter or are just blaming it on the USPS.

Either way it’s really odd that they have supposedly taken over some part of responsibility for that pension but have no record of you in their system. Sheesh. :(

Went to H&R Block and got my taxes done.

April 15 Taxes GIF by INTO ACTION

My wife asked me if in 2023 if I had been around or near the daughter for six months so I could claim her on my taxes, when I started going thru Google photos I came to the realization that I had barely been home a total of six weeks through the year.

just did my taxes via turbo tax. been using for 7 years now. super easy to do. i was done in 20 minutes.......glad it is over.

i need to adjust my w4 looks like. this is the 2nd year that i owe. i like getting refunds better. not sure why i have to adjust my w4, i have not adjusted it in the past and last year was the 1st time i have ever owed the gov.

One of the tax issues I use to run into was working out of state. During my working career the economy got bad a few times and I had to "tramp" for work. One year I had W2 forms from 4 different states which made figuring out taxes a bit confusing, so I started having tax professionals do my taxes, and I have just continued having someone else do my taxes. My wife wants us to start doing the taxes ourselves to save money, but to me it saves a lot headaches having someone else do them and it's not that expensive.

Back
Top Bottom