• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Increase the Keyboard Timeout...

gmjlopez

The keyboard light times out to quickly for my taste. Is there a setting on the phone or an app in the market that keeps it from going dark so quickly? Does 2.1 have this option accessible? I'm still running 1.5.

What build are you working with. The options are different in 1.5 CL14 to 2.1 DD10 if I remember correctly. DD10 has a setting for the keyboard it self. CL14 did not. It was tied to the screen timeout I believe.

funny thing is i set my keyboard time out for the shortest time (3 seconds). Screen timeout is 8. All in an effort to conserve battery

funny thing is i set my keyboard time out for the shortest time (3 seconds). Screen timeout is 8. All in an effort to conserve battery

I have my screen timeout also as 8 seconds, but I use Screebl so it doesn't timeout while I'm using it.

I use my phone a lot at night and hate having to mash the keyboard then delete what I just pressed cause the timeout is so short. I guess I'll wait for the 2.1 that is running a similar delay schedule to FF XIII.

I have my screen timeout also as 8 seconds, but I use Screebl so it doesn't timeout while I'm using it.

I use my phone a lot at night and hate having to mash the keyboard then delete what I just pressed cause the timeout is so short. I guess I'll wait for the 2.1 that is running a similar delay schedule to FF XIII.

In the meantime, just run your finger over the optical mouse thing, it will turn the keyboard lights back on without having to delete anything.

I really love screebl as it provides a great power and battery saver capacity for my samsung moment and after I got my moment rebooted at the store, I lost all of my apps, and couldn't find screebl as I didn't remember the name. So for those looking for a moment battery saver, check it out.

Back
Top Bottom