• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Inexpensive, Capable Handset?

Phone came with a screen protector. It ain't beautiful, but it ain't ugly, either, so I'll leave it.

I really don't want a case, but it would probably be the wise thing to do. I have dropped my old Palm Centro once or twice. I'm thinking this one:

Amazon.com: HTC Sensation 4G TPU Gel S-Line Wave Case with Ultra Clear Screen Protector (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

It's minimal, but you said HTC's are built like tanks, and several of the reviews of the Sensation made particular note of how well-built that phone is, in particular, so I'm thinking that case should do the trick?

I could kick it up a notch, to this:

Amazon.com: Diztronic High Gloss Translucent Smoke Flexible [Revision 2] TPU Case for the HTC SENSATION 4G (T-Mobile) [Diztronic / TPU-Cases Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

But I don't know as I want to go quite this far:

Amazon.com: Case-Mate Tough Case for HTC Sensation - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

despite the fact it sounds like it would make the handset essentially indestructible :)

What do you think?

Thanks,
Jim

If you are going to Max Protect, go Ballistic. It will add some weight and thickness so there's the tradeoff.

Ballistic - SA0703-M315, Waterproof Containers, Ballistic SG Series HTC Sensation 4G Black Gray #SA0703-M315 - FirstChoiceMarine.com

Otherwise, TPU cases are probably the ones that keep the phone as slim as possible with a case.

Phone came with a screen protector. It ain't beautiful, but it ain't ugly, either, so I'll leave it.

I really don't want a case, but it would probably be the wise thing to do. I have dropped my old Palm Centro once or twice. I'm thinking this one:

Amazon.com: HTC Sensation 4G TPU Gel S-Line Wave Case with Ultra Clear Screen Protector (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

It's minimal, but you said HTC's are built like tanks, and several of the reviews of the Sensation made particular note of how well-built that phone is, in particular, so I'm thinking that case should do the trick?

I could kick it up a notch, to this:

Amazon.com: Diztronic High Gloss Translucent Smoke Flexible [Revision 2] TPU Case for the HTC SENSATION 4G (T-Mobile) [Diztronic / TPU-Cases Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

But I don't know as I want to go quite this far:

Amazon.com: Case-Mate Tough Case for HTC Sensation - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

despite the fact it sounds like it would make the handset essentially indestructible :)

What do you think?

Thanks,
Jim

Usually cases provide grip which stop you from dropping it anyway. But j would go for the tpu case because HTC phones don't need much. I would go for ballistic if your job involves ladders or concrete. :cool:

I barely drop my phones in real life.I dropped my Amaze once and that was it!

As for the thick vs hard case debate, go with tpu or multi layer cases.

Not sure if a hard case is better than a soft one, but hard cases break off if dropped. Don't know about shock protection either.

Just don't be clumsy! :p

Back
Top Bottom