• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Infotmic Superpad Flytouch 2 updated to deb-r2.1.1561 build

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your response. No, I didn't back it up. I guess the question boils down to what are your options if you have lost your registration and there is no way to retrieve it? Will rooting the tablet permit me to simply stop the registration request, or will it allow me to access the market again?

Thanks,
Bill

Lost registration:

If your number has rubbed off, try tilting the tablet & label many ways.
Because the lettering is stamped, the faint imprint might still be visible.
-
If you are really hosed, one solution is to remove the register pop-up nag.
No more nagging pop-up but also no more OTA updates.
-
Tablet has to be rooted (use latest z4root)
Use Root Explorer to find and rename wowupdate.apk to wowupdate.apkz
That's it! The Register icon on the status bar will remain but no more pop-ups.

Reactions: colin4unow
Upvote 0
Hi Colin,

Thanks for your response. No, I didn't back it up. I guess the question boils down to what are your options if you have lost your registration and there is no way to retrieve it? Will rooting the tablet permit me to simply stop the registration request, or will it allow me to access the market again?

Thanks,
Bill

I may have finally located the party in China who can get us new registration codes.

I found out from their FAQ page that the whole purpose of the registration is so you can get future upgrades automatically over the internet. That

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I bought my tablet today but I am not able to connect to any wifi network. Strangely, when I try to connect to wifi, the network scrambles for other systems too and they are disconnected.

Is it a problem that any of you have also faced? Would request an opinoin on how to solve this.

Regards

I am running deb-r2.1.1170

Upvote 0
I bought my Superpad from Electronic Dealz online last week. Super fast delivery and very customer friendly. Just wanted to put that out there. They are located in Arizona and not in China, not that there is anything wrong with China.

I have a couple of issues so far. I am having issues getting the battery to charge to 100%, and it seems a little weak. The people at Dealz say they will replace it or refund my money what ever I want, however I really would like to get it working right. Also does anyone know how to change the weather program wowweathergadget from C

Upvote 0
Guys I need your help to install the new software in my new FlyTouch2.
I got the tablet fm china. I did he system upgrade. It was a huge file. it asked for a restart. When i restarted it . it stucks at starting.

Upon pressing start button, this apprears on screen,

1) Infomitic comes for few seconds
2) Then some graphic comes and system get held at that point, and do't go further

there is no help from supplier. Kindly let me know how do i reload the software again.

I'm very new to android.

Thx

Upvote 0
I bought my Superpad from Electronic Dealz online last week. Super fast delivery and very customer friendly. Just wanted to put that out there. They are located in Arizona and not in China, not that there is anything wrong with China.

I have a couple of issues so far. I am having issues getting the battery to charge to 100%, and it seems a little weak. The people at Dealz say they will replace it or refund my money what ever I want, however I really would like to get it working right.

I would suggest you to get the battery problem fixed ASAP. See my problem :-(
All about the Battery (Life, charge, dischage times ) Flytouch 2

You are lucky, my local (Australia) ebay seller is deaf or mute and at the end vanished. Still, my pad was sent from China. I was hoping dealing with local seller might be better.

Honestly, I had better experience with ebay seller in China. It seems they have people just sitting there and read your emails. Communication was fast. I sent back my defect item and got replaced quickly.

Upvote 0
I am new here, thanks for all the great posts. I just started playing with my Super Pad today and am impressed with it completely. I can't find any registration number and it never er and it never asked for one. Whe I tried to update to the latest setup it says I ha ve the newest version. So I'm good there, I think. Has anyone else had the same happen? I got mine from China and was amazed at how quickly it got here to me in Ohio, from China 5 days. So now my question. Has anyone tried to install the Android 3.0 version or 2.2 on the flytouch2? I have both versions and have read that they are both much superior to 2.1 that they come with. The flytouch3 comes with 2.2 installed.

Upvote 0
Hi dbldipp.
Because of the Arm processors in our flytouch tablets they cannot run flash so what other benefits are available in 2.2 or 3 that 2.1 cant handle ?

Cheerz Colin
Hi Colin,

It would appear I, and most people I know with these beasts, must be hallucinating because I run Flash perfectly on my tablet.

But, as you appear to know better, I won't bother telling you how it's done...

Regards
tbod

Ok, I will.

Update your tablet with one of the firmware files from apad.tv, I used s0I's but Tim's are very popular. Other benefits include decent 3G support, speed improvements etc.

Make sure you check your tablet is compatible first by checking your machine name, version, etc. first.

Upvote 0
I am new here, thanks for all the great posts. I just started playing with my Super Pad today and am impressed with it completely. I can't find any registration number and it never er and it never asked for one. Whe I tried to update to the latest setup it says I ha ve the newest version. So I'm good there, I think. Has anyone else had the same happen? I got mine from China and was amazed at how quickly it got here to me in Ohio, from China 5 days. So now my question. Has anyone tried to install the Android 3.0 version or 2.2 on the flytouch2? I have both versions and have read that they are both much superior to 2.1 that they come with. The flytouch3 comes with 2.2 installed.

Hi Col,

Don't bother with the 'Update' app, it doesn't work, it always says you are on the latest version. Firmware updates and 'user improved' versions are available on other fora such as aPad.tv (am I allowed to say that here?) which solve various problems, offer super user privileges, improved speed, decent 3G operation, flash support etc.

If you're happy with the firmware you've got I suggest you stick with it. However if there is a feature you specifically want it might be worth the risk upgrading. Just remember the old maxim "if it ain't bust, don't fix it"...

(I say risk as there is always the possibility of 'bricking' your tablet.)

My experience (here in the UK) is I usually have to wait three to five weeks to get anything from Chinese sellers on eBay so, five days, you jammy beast, well done!

Regards
tbod

Upvote 0
Hello All,

I have a HyPEpad (which is basically the same design as the FlyTouch 2, Superpad, etc - though I've heard it's from a different supplier).

In any case, I was having problems with the power supply input on the tablet end. I bumped the power cord and it cracked the solder joint inside the tablet. I had to hold onto the power cord and pull it to one side to make contact and charge the tablet. Not a good idea!

So I opened it up (using a thin knife and slipping it down the side of the tablet and gently prying up the top. It was scarey at first, but I got used to it!). I had to unscrew the motherboard to get at the solder joint of the power connector. I just touched them to melt them and that was all. I put the tablet back together (I took pictures prior to make sure I didn't forget anything!) and the power supply now worked fine.

Then after a short time it broke again. That darn plug sticking straight out from the side! Very fragile! I repeated the above procedure then went off to Radio Shack and purchased the correct sized perpendicular plug which would fit into the socket but sit on the side of the tablet instead of sticking straight out. I cut the original and spliced the wires together (using shrink tubing to guard the wires. I had to wrap the plug with some glued fabric to make sure it was flush with the side of the tablet (it stuck out a bit which made it wobble). THEN I bought some little tiny plastic stick on picture hangers and stuck one on the side of the tablet overtop of the middle USB port (I didn't need two of them). Now I could hook the cord onto the picture hanger hook. I then could pick up the tablet with the power supply cord and not put any strain on the plug - the picture hanger took the strain (I didn't do that though - I'm stupid sometimes, but not THAT stupid!).

Now that my power supply was safe I still had to keep the tablet hooked up to use it (mostly) as it didn't last much more than 2 hours on the battery. But I had noticed that there was a lot of room where the battery was. It seemed that another battery could fit right on top of the original. After some testing I found out this was so. So I ordered a new battery for my HyPEpad, spliced it into the wires of the old battery * and put the tablet back together. They fit - almost. On the end opposite the ports the middle bulges up perhaps two millimeters. I can live with that, and Wow - the battery life if great!

* I do need to mention that the battery I bought had the wires switched around - the positive on the original was the negative on the replacement. That wasn't good! I don't think it would have helped my tablet to have plugged that battery into it! I KNOW that it wouldn't have been good to hook the two batteries together that way. Blam! Whoosh!

So, now I have a tablet with doubled battery life and an (almost) indestructible power plug. Great! [FONT=&quot]I

Attachments

• Tablet and Power Supply.JPG
    Tablet and Power Supply.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Tablet and Power Plug, side view.JPG
    Tablet and Power Plug, side view.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Cord Guard.JPG
    Cord Guard.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Power Plug Modified.JPG
    Power Plug Modified.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 93
  • Gap caused by extra installed battery.JPG
    Gap caused by extra installed battery.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones