• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Insanity Workout

ABRMess006

Not sure where else to put this, but just gotta say, if you have never heard of it and are looking for something to really push you... you HAVE to check out this workout...

I am now on day 3 and I am more sore than I have ever been in my life, now I am not completely out of shape but more than I would like to be. I can run a couple miles no problem, I can workout without getting too tired... this workout though.... after about 10 minutes, I am gasping for air, dripping sweat and about to fall over.

Just wondering if there is anyone else out there who has done this completely through or is going through it now that might wanna share their stories on it. It has over 300 reviews on Amazon with almost a perfect 5 star rating and everyone says it blows P90X out of the water, just wanna here stories is all and didn't see a thread started anywhere :D

I did this for about 1 1/2 weeks before messing up my knee and I would have to see this kicked my butt I was sore just as OP said it was a viscous workout that will get you in shape if you complete the program my friend dropped 35 lbs on it.

This is the same company that owns P90/P90X. I just bought those sets for cheap on craigslist. Gotta work my way up.

The whole thing seems a bit pointless to me. Working flat out for as long as you can will make you lose weight and tone muscle, we all know this already and a less intense workout will also get the same results, it all just seems a bit macho and look at me.

I've done the P90x workout, I've heard Insanity is way more intense. The key to any of those programs is the commitment. It's easy to stay on it for like a month, but it's hard to stay on the entire plan for the whole amount of time you're supposed to. I've gone on and off the program a number of times, never been able to keep committed :(

But when I am on P90x, it feels great and I feel a great sense of accomplishment. The reason i feel these work better than a normal workout routine, is because many people don't push themselves far enough to get proper results. I've seen it countless times where someone steps on a treadmill at the gym and stops after a couple minutes because they're tired. No pain no game, unfortunately many people don't want the pain part and stop whenever they get a little sore.

However, if you are educated and have a proper work out schedule, the gym will be a better choice. But it's just so convinient being able to workout at home. The hardest part about heading to the gym is just making the trip out there.

P90X and Insanity are designed for different objectives. Both can be used for fat loss, and indeed that's what most people use them for. I would say that P90X is more suited for building muscle mass and general fitness: flexibility, cardiovascular strength. Insanity is designed to get you to PEAK cardiovascular shape. I'd say that Insanity is better suited for fat loss, but it's not really great if you have a LOT of fat to lose.

I had good success with P90X. Dropped to 6% bodyfat after Phase 1 (30days). Then managed to gain 10lb lean mass by the end of the 90 days.

I have both and currently am doing P90x :)

It has definitely been hard as hell to stay committed and I won't lie, I will sometimes have breaks in my schedule, so I guess its more a casual work out then anything else. I do plan on trying Insanity some time in the future after I'm done with p90x

Back
Top Bottom