• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Install new app via pc?

spman

Android Enthusiast
I read this "If your device has been lost or stolen and you have not installed a Find your Device application there could be a slim chance that your device is still on and has Data enabled. Therefore you can access your Gmail/Google account via your computer and go to the Play Store and install an application, possibly from the list below onto your device. If this works you can have a chance at locating your device." source https://androidforums.com/threads/lost-stolen-or-locked-out-of-device-read-here.691455/

How do you access your Gmail/Google account via your computer and go to the Play Store and install an application into your phone?

I read this "If your device has been lost or stolen and you have not installed a Find your Device application there could be a slim chance that your device is still on and has Data enabled. Therefore you can access your Gmail/Google account via your computer and go to the Play Store and install an application, possibly from the list below onto your device. If this works you can have a chance at locating your device." source https://androidforums.com/threads/lost-stolen-or-locked-out-of-device-read-here.691455/

How do you access your Gmail/Google account via your computer and go to the Play Store and install an application into your phone?
If your all your data is linked to your email address, you should be able to log into your gmail account on any android device and retrieve all your saved data(depending on what you have set up and saved), this could include google drive.

How do you access your Gmail/Google account via your computer
and go to the Play Store and install an application into your phone?

Make sure you can access your Google account from the PC without using your phone. Setup an alternative two-factor login, if you haven't already done so. Google does have various means of doing this, like using an alternative email that isn't your Gmail, or a pre-printed list of single use passwords.

Last edited:
"access your Gmail/Google account via your computer">does this mean login to gmail in PC browser? what exact url do you go to login you google account in PC browser?

"and go to the Play Store and install an application into your phone">in the pc (without touching your phone), how do you go to playstore to install an app to into your phone (without touching your phone)?

Make sure you can access your Google account from the PC without using your phone. Setup an alternative two-factor login, if you haven't already done so. Google does have various means of doing this, like using an alternative email that isn't your Gmail, or a pre-printed list of single use passwords.

Does not have to be a physical device, you can run android on a virtual device or Virtual box etc directly on a PC or run it from a usb

Last edited:
"access your Gmail/Google account via your computer">does this mean login to gmail in PC browser? what exact url do you go to login you google account in PC browser?

"and go to the Play Store and install an application into your phone">in the pc (without touching your phone), how do you go to playstore to install an app to into your phone (without touching your phone)?
yes go to gmail.com and login.....you can do the same thing for the playstore as well. there is no need to run an emulator on your pc as suggested by @Jason Edwardes.....though that is one way to do it, but totally unnecessary.

yes go to gmail.com and login.....you can do the same thing for the playstore as well. there is no need to run an emulator on your pc as suggested by @Jason Edwardes.....though that is one way to do it, but totally unnecessary.

Thanks, I had no idea you could install, apk files directly to my pc, so in theory I can build android apps on android studio and run them on my pc.
I do like messing around with linux so I will take a look at windows 11 because vm's take up a lot of the system resources and often lag

Last edited:
Thanks, I had no idea you could install, apk files directly to my pc, so in theory I can build android apps on android studio and run them on my pc.
I do like messing around with linux so I will take a look at windows 11 because vm's take up a lot of the system resources and often lag
no apks can only be installed in a emulator. on a windows pc. my suggestion is to use a browser to go to gmail and the play store. there is no need to install an app on your pc. the browser works just fine.

also androidlost is no longer. keep in mind that the link for a guide here was started in 2013......so apps have changed.

you can go to https://play.google.com/store/search?q=find my phone&c=apps and should be able to download the app to your phone. when you click on install it, a popup should appear asking which device you want it to install to.
no apks can only be installed in a emulator. on a windows pc. my suggestion is to use a browser to go to gmail and the play store. there is no need to install an app on your pc. the browser works just fine.

Example: my phone uses abc@gmail.com for google account and playstore account, my phone do not have instagram app, if I go to my Windows PC browser url https://play.google.com/store/apps and login with abc@gmail.com and install instagram app, that instagram app will appear inside my phone correct?
Any app installed via accessing my Windows PC browser url https://play.google.com/store/apps will not be installed in PC, it will be installed into the phone correct?
Does Windows PC allow playstore apps to be installed into Windows PC and use in Windows PC?
Is that Microsoft Store inside my Windows 10 PC providing android app? I did not use anything in it before.

Last edited:
Example: my phone uses abc@gmail.com for google account and playstore account, my phone do not have instagram app, if I go to my Windows PC browser url https://play.google.com/store/apps and login with abc@gmail.com and install instagram app, that instagram app will appear inside my phone correct?
Any app installed via accessing my Windows PC browser url https://play.google.com/store/apps will not be installed in PC, it will be installed into the phone correct?
Does Windows PC allow playstore apps to be installed into Windows PC and use in Windows PC?
Is that Microsoft Store inside my Windows 10 PC providing android app? I did not use anything in it before.
that is correct. on your browser if you go to the play store and you have multiple android devices signed in with your "abc@gmail" account, it will ask you to which device you want the app to go to. you will then select it and then click on install. a popup should appear saying that the app will be "installed on your device shortly".

and yes this will only install on your device and not on your windows pc.

no windows does not. you will need to have an android emulator as suggested by @Jason Edwardes running on your pc in order to run android apps on a pc.

yes those are windows apps that run on your pc. if you log in with the same account that is on your phone, any content on your phone will sync with what is on your pc and vice versa.
Is it all google apps are not available in microsoft store? I did not find Google calendar and Google drive app there.

Back
Top Bottom