• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Installation aborted. Code 0

ccsoccer03

Recovery installation code 0 appears when i try flashing a theme made by a theme kitchen.

Edit: Specifically the one Gooney posted in "interested in development"

Recovery installation code 0 appears when i try flashing a theme made by a theme kitchen.

Edit: Specifically the one Gooney posted in "interested in development"

you can extract the framework-res.apk and put it on your sd card then while in recovery copy it to you phones /system/framework/ folder

I finally did apply the framework. but... its causing several force closes. Deskclock, Google services framework,Google search, Email, and Market. Why does changing the framework do this?

I finally did apply the framework. but... its causing several force closes. Deskclock, Google services framework,Google search, Email, and Market. Why does changing the framework do this?

How did you apply it? I used the same kitchen to mod my own, but then i pulled the framework-res.apk out and changed a few more things and its workin juuuust fine

I actually just tried whipping my own theme up in a kitchen. I got the same error at first. I unzipped the Velocity ROM and copied META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary to the same place in the theme's zip. It flashed. I booted my phone. It looked glorious... And then it went to the Velocity animation, booted up, back to the animation, repeat. Maybe you'll have better luck trying this fix.

Come on guys, if you put the framework-res.apk on your sdcard you can reboot into recovery and copy it to the /system/framework/ directory. It WILL work.

no such luck

Edit: My bad, I got the wrong file! I had to turn off file verification, but it worked! thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom