• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installing Android Go edition on Samsung Galaxy K Zoom

Gil G

Lurker
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to install the Android Go edition (lite edition) on this camera phone please?
It will need to keep the functionality of the camera as the optical zoom and manual mode please.

If it is possible, where can I download the Android Go from an official resource please and is it free?

WoW!!! I've never seen one of thoughts. It looks like more camera than phone. Hard to believe a 20mp cam with such a huge lens tops out at 1020p. The Galaxy Note 4 shooter comes in at 16MP with optical image stabilisation and 4K video recording.

WoW!!! I've never seen one of thoughts. It looks like more camera than phone. Hard to believe a 20mp cam with such a huge lens tops out at 1020p. The Galaxy Note 4 shooter comes in at 16MP with optical image stabilisation and 4K video recording.

It is outdated stuck on Android v4.2.2 with no any updates, I was hoped that I could install Angroid Go (the new lite version for old phones) on it.
I do not mind to pay for a developer to create a version that will support it, I believe all of the users of this device will support it.

Well I'm heavy into root, porting and moding from different roms but a developer I am not. However, you might find something of interest on XDA. If you have any questions just come back to Android Forums and ask. Most likely there wont be any activity on a 2014 Samsung at least thats the way itvis with my N4.

Welcome to AF @Gil G :)

Last edited:
The first custom rom I ever flasted was a ClickworkMod Rom (CWM) with Aprint and my Samsung Galaxy S3. It removed alot of bpoatware , the OS lo ked so much nicer and my S3 was much more responsive.
You should start by checking is you Sammy has an unlocked bootloader.

The first custom rom I ever flasted was a ClickworkMod Rom (CWM) with Aprint and my Samsung Galaxy S3. It removed alot of bpoatware , the OS lo ked so much nicer and my S3 was much more responsive.
You should start by checking is you Sammy has an unlocked bootloader.
Thanks I will check this info, hope a day will come and I will be able to update this old rock.

Back
Top Bottom