• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installing Apps Problem

Desosung

Lurker
I just recently change form a motorola Blur to this phone and I am liking it more already. The one thing I like about this phone is I can install apps to my SD, or so I thought.

Recently I tried to download a few games, Pocket Legends and Tap Tap Revenge, all with no success sadly :(

It says I don't have any space when I have 1.7GB free on the SD card and about 87Mb for on phone. Both of the apps are smaller then both and for some reason it won't let me download any of the two applications.

Any guess on what is wrong or what I need to change. It's basically factory default till I get the feel of my new phone.

The only thing i can thing of is that you may want to try formatting your SD card. So if you have anything on your SD card, i'd make copies to your computer before formatting because it erases everything off the card. If that doesnt work or is not the problem, I'm out of ideas.

Good luck! :)

Did you figure it out yet? I'm having the same problem (download a game-paid for- and it shows I don't have enough space when I clearly have enough).

I think this problem is specific to using Android Market. Some people have had luck with deleting the Market cache and/or changing the phone's resolution, but what I do is I locate the .apk file and install it outside of the Market, either through adb commands or with the file browser.

I've been able to install several applications that Market told me I couldn't with this method.

i too am having this problem. every two days or so the error message "low on space" shows up in red in the pull-down screen. i know i have over a gig of space on the sd card, but very VERY little on the actual device. i think the space on the device itself must be absolutely miniscule, and that for some reason the market only wants to install stuff to the phone memory.

is there any way to either completely get rid of some of the stock apps that come with the phone. If not, is there any way to keep these apps from automatically updating and hogging all the memory? A hard reset works as a temporary fix, but this is getting quite annoying.

Back
Top Bottom