• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installing CM9 from a MAC

Mostly Harmless

Android Expert
Unfortunately my laptop died before I was able to update my TP to CM9. While I am familar with the installion on a windows machine I am so what lost with a MAC (only computer I have running OS 10.5+). CM7 is on there now, any advice?

You don't need a computer. Just copy the CM9 and gApps (20120317 is latest) files to your sdcard via webOS or CM7 and install it from recovery. It's best to wipe data when updating from CM7 to CM9, but you shouldn't need to do it to update cm9 to a newer version of cm9.

You should be able to update via Rom Manager. Just note where you placed your files on your sdcard and open Rom Manager.

You should have installed cwm when you flashed your touchpad with CM7. If not, this won't work.

If you've never used Rom Manager before, choose "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". When prompted, choose "cm_tenderloin" or "hp touchpad", then "yes", and choose "ClockworkMod 3.x+".

Then tap "Install ROM from SD Card" and browse for your cm9 file.

When prompted, choose all 3 options (including wiping data) if upgrading from CM7. If you're just upgrading CM9 to a nightly or newer version, there's no need to wipe data.

screenshot-1326641662619.jpg

Hopefully it'll prompt you for gApps too. If not, you'll have to install that manually after.

Here's how to update gApps manually: http://androidforums.com/hp-touchpad/518846-question-help.html#post4103126

Back
Top Bottom