• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Installing kannada + Devanagari [Hindi] Fonts

samrox144

Android Expert
HINDHI
link=http://www.multiupload.com/7DWW8RZON8

kannada
link=http://www.multiupload.com/HBM9PRW8AM

credits>harshith for testing

1. Open root explorer.
2. Copy the above fonts.
3. Go to system/fonts.
4. Change r/o permission to r/w.
5. Delete DroidSansFallback.ttf which is already there.
6. Paste the downloaded DroidSansFallback.ttf fonts.
7. Change file permissions as follows:

8. Change r/w permission in root explorer to r/o.
9. Reboot
10. Enjoy

HIT THANKS IF THEY WORK

MacPc.gif

yeah it worked .. thanks man! but spelling mistakes is there on many sites.. may be slight problem in fonts .. please update if u found something more .. thanks

i have not got kannada fonts yet but a way to view any kannada websites.
All u need is opera mini
1.Type about:config in url bar and then press go
2. Scroll down until you see the setting Use bitmap fonts for complex scripts
Change it to yes and save
4.Now open sampada.net and voila
I m searching for kannada fonts. i'll post it here as soon as i get them

I knew about the complex scripts in opera config but wanted that font for kannada keyboard.. Since there is already a Kannada keyboard app in market, the font should be there...

here you go
but u have to delete old droidsansfallback.ttf frm system/fonts folder and den copy this and give perms as presented by sam.
rest procedure is same.
tell me if it works.
open sampada.net in uc or any other and not opera as it is already configured by u now. also see hindi fonts can be read or not now

Attachments

Sam....in script can u tell me the lines and permissions to set for these fonts...

eg: 0 , 0 , 777 whatever it is...!!

Sam/Harshith,

The link for the font file does not work anymore. Can you share a new link or perhaps share the file as an attachment here?

I have another question - The original 'DroidSansFallback.ttf' on my 2.3 is 3.47 MB, whereas the one shared here seems to be a few hundred KBs. Whats the reason?

I am trying to get the kannada font support for Android ICS. I rooted my Xperia Neo L phone which is running Android ICS 4.0.4 and installed Kannada font (Lohit-Kannada.ttf). I have also included the Lohit-Kannada font as family-set in fallback_fonts.xml in the framework. After that, I am able to see the kannada fonts render in browser but the complex script is not supported. Glyphs are not rendered in proper way, though it is just readable. Other indic languages like Tamil, Hindi, Bengali etc renders perfectly but my language is not rendering properly. Someone suggested me to go thru this blog. Android Bandhana: How to add Indian Languages to Android ICS (4.0.3) But i'm not able to find out where to make those file changes. I mean where is that lohit-fonts directory, where is the android.mk file? I'm not able to find those folders or those files in my phone. Any help please?

I'm using Android version 2.2.2, and even though I installed this and the devanagari characters show, some sign don't come up properly, the long i vowel which should be written BEFORE a consonant, comes AFTER it, it is understandable but I mean... it's not absolutely correct, can this be fixed?

Back
Top Bottom