• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Insufficient memory

bberryhill0

Android Expert
My internal storage keeps dropping below 150 MB which keeps apps from installing or updating. This time when I cleared cache I only got to 155 MB free. Last time it was 174 MB free. What is eating my memory and how do I find it?

The new Casio looks interesting but I don't think it has JB. Don't think I will go with hTC again because their phones don't get updates.

I was at Best Buy looking. The S4 Mini and the Mot Droid Mini both physically are the same size as this Inc 4G... I still like my Inc 4G, but ya like some other said.. HTC kind of leaves ya in the dust with updates...

Boy you must have a ton of stuff on your phone if your internal storage is that low. I realize I just started using my phone a week or so ago, but right now my internal storage is 1.03gb and my system cache is 310mb. I do however have a 32gb sdcard installed and I use it too store everything so maybe that's why I haven't used that much. I also stripped most of the junk apps, sounds/videos/bootanimations, etc. out of the system folder after I rooted so that may be a reason as well.

I'll have to keep a close eye on my storage space as I start adding things to my phone just to make sure I don't start losing space like you have. Maybe there is a problem with these phones not recovering used space properly.

I usually run about 110 apps. My Eris could handle that. I'm down to 80 apps on this phone. I see hundreds of zero KB files in internal storage. That may be the problem. No clue where they came from.

* Empty files in /dev were created on 11/28 and they can't be deleted.

** Maybe thousands of empty files. I must have installed a rogue app on 11/28. Don't remember what it was. :(

Back
Top Bottom