• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Insurance

Wolvie66

Does anybody else have the verizon insurance on their Bionic? And if so can you tell me how much it is and what does it cover, and do they replace with new phone or refurbish?

Thanks
Wolvie

its really personal preference. Some people don't drink the Ins kool aid some do....i do.

the TEC (total equipment coverage) that comes with the top tier insurance comes with teh extended warranty. Which extends the warranty past the 1 year moto warranty of any defects.

I just got my DX replaced for free and i've had it for well over a year....got it on launch day actually. If i had not had TEC coverage it would have cost me the 99$ deductible.

i have tec. i think it's $6.99 a month, and a $99 deductible. the best part is after 1 year manufacturer defects are covered.

i have tec. i think it's $6.99 a month, and a $99 deductible. the best part is after 1 year manufacturer defects are covered.

I got insurance from verizon. They replace with brand new as long as they have them, if somehow they don't have any brand new they give you refurbished. The refurbished phone you get is refurbished by motorola, not the insurance company.

I got insurance from verizon. They replace with brand new as long as they have them, if somehow they don't have any brand new they give you refurbished. The refurbished phone you get is refurbished by motorola, not the insurance company.

the asurion ins replaces with new phones like stated. they are branded asurion under the batt. so even if you have a mech issue with phone you have to go through asurion to get it replaced or fixed. vzw will not replace a asurion device with its stock. so if your not worried about acc. then just get the extended warrenty.

There is always getting warranty coverage through SquareTrade.com: Android Warranty | Cell Phone Insurance Alternative | Mobile Phone Protection | SquareTrade Warranties

- it's a one-time $124 charge, rather than $8 a month. There is a $50 deductible for damage/water issues, though no deductible for an out-of-warranty hardware failure

- however, they do not cover loss or theft, such as Assurion

- you do have to buy within 30 days of buying the phone

I should also note that I've bought a couple of Squaretrade warranties, but I've never had to use them, but they do get good reviews from people who have used them.

Never been a believer in the insurance because by the time it's all said and done you have paid for your phone 2 times over. This is just my opinion and everyone has their own view on such things. That being said the main reason why is because of how i normally protect my phones.

With my job/lifestyle 9 times out of 10 i turn my phone into a huge brick that i can throw against the wall and have it take no damage lol. Working outdoors in a construction enviroment the 50 bucks i spend on an Otterbox Defender series pretty much makes me never look at insurance on a phone. I have dropped phones from 3 stories up in these cases and they come out without a scratch. Of course, they do turn your phone into a huge brick due to the layers/padding.

Anyway look at yourself, your lifestyle and your normal tendencies with previous phones you have owned to decide if insurance is right for you.

the asurion ins replaces with new phones like stated. they are branded asurion under the batt. so even if you have a mech issue with phone you have to go through asurion to get it replaced or fixed. vzw will not replace a asurion device with its stock. so if your not worried about acc. then just get the extended warrenty.

I don't beleive I have asurion anymore, when I bought my bionic, the verizon rep sold me on some other insurance.

I normally keep the insurance for a year and then dump it, but I'm starting to wonder if its worth it. Co-worker had a year old droid 2, called VZW to complain it was failing and the rep sent her a brand new droid 3. (in box with all the accessories). No insurance, nada.

Of course they wouldn't do that if you smashed it on the pavement, or lost it. (I used to drop my phones in puddles all the time).

Back
Top Bottom