• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interested in getting the Triumph

I'm not at all trying to like push you away from the triumph, I actually since finding this site like my triumph, I just wanted to list all the possible issues that others have reported having so u get no surprises

Don't believe all the bad things others say about the Triumph. I got one from amazon in Feb. it is just a "stock" phone. I LOVE it..I have installed quite a few apps..games.. news, sports ...it is running FINE...no usb problems...WiFi connects quickly..3G reception is fine.. GPS is quite accurate, all cameras work fine, I like the large screen (great for viewing movie trailers) removed the thick screen saver, installed a Zagat one, much better!! I pay only 25.00 a month, it suits me fine, I don't need the latest and greatest. just a reliable phone and for me the Triumph is that phone. I will probably not get another phone..that's how much I like my Triumph!!

Since u haven't had any issues with your device, how can you say to not listen to all the other reported and known issues for the device in general

The one great thing about the triumph is its root ability. I would recommended it to any avid user that wants to explore the root section and flashing roms. Its the easiest root. As well as the easiest cwmr switch available for a high end phone on a prepaid carrier. So if you are a noob to root this phone is for you no need for a android sdk no complicated directions this phone makes you the system administrator in about 30 min i might even buy another just cause its so damn easy to root flash any rom you want and after you have the latest cwm recovery its unbreakable. IMO

Also i got mine like in January and i have no issues besides vm network problems but i haven't done the prl swap but data is fast enough for me.

The one great thing about the triumph is its root ability. I would recommended it to any avid user that wants to explore the root section and flashing roms. Its the easiest root. As well as the easiest cwmr switch available for a high end phone on a prepaid carrier. So if you are a noob to root this phone is for you no need for a android sdk no complicated directions this phone makes you the system administrator in about 30 min i might even buy another just cause its so damn easy to root flash any rom you want and after you have the latest cwm recovery its unbreakable. IMO

Also i got mine like in January and i have no issues besides vm network problems but i haven't done the prl swap but data is fast enough for me.

30 mins? You can get root using gingerbreak in like 3-5 mins :p

Yeah this thing is the fastest root and recovery you can find plug it in in download mode and that's it
All phones should be this way.

I appreciate the different responses, and it looks like I was able to snag a Triumph in great condition for $150 shipped :D Good thing, I would have hated to pay full price for one ;)

I'm not at all trying to like push you away from the triumph, I actually since finding this site like my triumph, I just wanted to list all the possible issues that others have reported having so u get no surprises

Since u haven't had any issues with your device, how can you say to not listen to all the other reported and known issues for the device in general
I didn't say don't listen..I said DON'T BELIEVE.. there's a difference!!! Let the OP get one and see for himself!! don't be swayed by others....

I didn't say don't listen..I said DON'T BELIEVE.. there's a difference!!! Let the OP get one and see for himself!! don't be swayed by others....

The OP specifically asked others opinions. ;)

Some have lots of problems, some have none (or very minor ones). They got the spectrum, and should take it ALL into consideration. :)

p.s. I am glad that you are very happy with yours (I really liked mine, I just had bad service from VM). :)

I got my triumph as soon as I got the message that VM wouldn't let you keep your $25/mo plan if you upgrade your phone. Scrounged up the money and ditched my intercept. I threw CM7-G60 on there and I've been extremely happy with it: plugged it into a car charger and into my sound system and listened to Pandora Radio from Dallas to DC.

I got my triumph as soon as I got the message that VM wouldn't let you keep your $25/mo plan if you upgrade your phone. Scrounged up the money and ditched my intercept. I threw CM7-G60 on there and I've been extremely happy with it: plugged it into a car charger and into my sound system and listened to Pandora Radio from Dallas to DC.

Yep, one reason I'm sticking with this phone for at least another year is because of the $25/mo plan.

I received my Triumph, in great condition :) Its noticeably faster than my Droid X. Now that I have it, how can I activate it and keep my existing number?

Another satisfied customer!

Anyways, you have to get your number ported. Do not cancel ur verizon account. Call virgin mobile and tell them you want to port your number. When i ported my number from Metro PCS to Virgin Mobile, it was insane how fast it was ready. 45 mins. I was happy. But carriers can take up to 72hours so dont expect 45 mins just because that was my experience. Just give them a call, tell them you want to port your number, and go from there.

Me and my wife are tired of paying nearly 200 a month on our Verizon Droid X's, and I would love having to pay only 70 a month for 2 smart phones. I'm really not interested in having the latest and greatest, to be honest I am fine with having my Droid X for a few more years except I don't want to keep paying such a high price :p Any opinions on this? It seems like there are a lot of people unhappy with their phones, but usually the happy ones are much more quiet ;)

I am happy enough with my triumph because I got it for 125 total and 25/month plan.

Today if i was buying a VM phone? I would withotu question buy the 299 htc evo 4g. (maybe look around for a 25.00-50.00 promotion deal at bestbuys or targets in the upcoming weeks)

There are to many annoying issues which add up to an annoying experience. And to have zero updates and support for the phone is just awful.

Buy the evo.. see if you like it.. return it within 30days if you don't like it.

The 35/45/55 plans x2 would be much much cheaper then your current 200/month plan.

I am happy enough with my triumph because I got it for 125 total and 25/month plan.

Today if i was buying a VM phone? I would withotu question buy the 299 htc evo 4g. (maybe look around for a 25.00-50.00 promotion deal at bestbuys or targets in the upcoming weeks)

There are to many annoying issues which add up to an annoying experience. And to have zero updates and support for the phone is just awful.

Buy the evo.. see if you like it.. return it within 30days if you don't like it.

The 35/45/55 plans x2 would be much much cheaper then your current 200/month plan.

It's a little too late for that :) I'm surprised by the speeds I get.. at work anyway :p

198062516.png

At home it's a bit worse, but that's what wifi is for ;)

197621665.png

It's a little too late for that :) I'm surprised by the speeds I get.. at work anyway :p

198062516.png

At home it's a bit worse, but that's what wifi is for ;)

197621665.png
:P Best I've gotten are ~56k dialup and VERY rarely 100ishkbps pretty much every I usually go(and remember to test). I guess just crap 3g coverage in my area, and no wimax... (I erm, *ahem* jumped ship friday... but lost the tasty $25 plan and got taxed too now...)

Don't believe all the bad things others say about the Triumph. I got one from amazon in Feb. it is just a "stock" phone. I LOVE it..I have installed quite a few apps..games.. news, sports ...it is running FINE...no usb problems...WiFi connects quickly..3G reception is fine.. GPS is quite accurate, all cameras work fine, I like the large screen (great for viewing movie trailers) removed the thick screen saver, installed a Zagat one, much better!! I pay only 25.00 a month, it suits me fine, I don't need the latest and greatest. just a reliable phone and for me the Triumph is that phone. I will probably not get another phone..that's how much I like my Triumph!!

Yes, but without being rooted within the next few months you're going to have to do a factory reset to erase the alog files which will cause your internal storage to disappear and random rebooting. And continue to reset at least every 6 months or so.

Back
Top Bottom