• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Interesting take on data drop issue

SNeitzel

Android Enthusiast
I came across something very interesting last week and over the weekend.
I have some data drop issues like many of us do but they have improved with 5.5.893 and after adjusting the battery saver settings. I found it tough to make it through the day on the standard battery so some time ago I purchased the MOTO branded extended battery and love it. Middle of last week, I forgot to charge my phone overnight and found it was getting low during the day so I switched over to my backup, the original std battery.

After switching I left it in my phone for a few days just to see if I could make the entire day. I couldn't but that's not the interesting thing...

Over the course of the 4-5 days that I had my original battery in the phone the data drops were HORRIBLE. I mean worse than they were on the original sw with no battery saver adjustments. I tested both at work and at home and I would say 3 out of 5 times when I checked my phone I had no data connection and often no 3G/4G icon at all. Yesterday, I switched back to my extended battery and so far have not had a data drop that I noticed (just checked the phone and it's fine).

I'm interested in hearing anyone's thoughts on what might be going on; beyond "you just have a bad battery, replace it". I know that a bad power source be it battery or hardwired can cause all sorts of strange things to happen. I'm looking for insight into why a this may be happening and if anyone else can recreate a similar scenario.

I bought the Verizon/Moto extended battery right off the bat, use it exclusively, am on .893, and still have recurrent drops.

I have the extended battery and only have data drops about once a month now. Haven't used the original again so can't juxtapose them. I still have camera problems and bluetooth disconnects and s-l-o-w 3G connections. Just waiting on update or new phone.

Back
Top Bottom