• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Intergrating To-Do, Shopping List, Events, and Calender together?

sinqbad

Nov 28, 2017
I want my a to-do list app that I can then push to the calendar app (so as to give me a deadline) but also a shopping list app that I can also push to the calender.

The biggest problem that I'm facing right now is that I need a calendar that separates one-time events from on-going events.My problem right now is that I'm using google calendar and I put let's say Oct 20 - Dec 30 is a museum exhibition that I want to see so I put it in the calendar and then I have a doctors appointment on Nov 30. For Nov 30 there's two events which isn't so bad, but there's about 15 exhibitions that I want to see, so everyday is quite crowded.

Reactions: kentwilliam72
I want my a to-do list app that I can then push to the calendar app (so as to give me a deadline) but also a shopping list app that I can also push to the calender.

The biggest problem that I'm facing right now is that I need a calendar that separates one-time events from on-going events.My problem right now is that I'm using google calendar and I put let's say Oct 20 - Dec 30 is a museum exhibition that I want to see so I put it in the calendar and then I have a doctors appointment on Nov 30. For Nov 30 there's two events which isn't so bad, but there's about 15 exhibitions that I want to see, so everyday is quite crowded.
There are calendar apps that let you control how mult-day events appear, but I don't know one that shows them separately. My best suggestion is that you create a separate calendar for these, then you can easily toggle which calendars you show. Business Calendar 2 includes a bar of coloured toggles at the bottom of the screen, which would let you toggle display of your "personal" or "events" calendars on or off without having to go into the app's settings, so that might do what you want.

Upvote 0
There are calendar apps that let you control how mult-day events appear, but I don't know one that shows them separately. My best suggestion is that you create a separate calendar for these, then you can easily toggle which calendars you show. Business Calendar 2 includes a bar of coloured toggles at the bottom of the screen, which would let you toggle display of your "personal" or "events" calendars on or off without having to go into the app's settings, so that might do what you want.
Does google calendars have this feature? the reason I'm asking is because the integration between google apps is really helpful.

Upvote 0
Almost any calendar app can display and edit Google calendars, so I'm not sure what integration advantage the actual Google app has.

But you can do it almost as easily with the Google app. Touch the 3 bar icon at the top-left and the slide-out menu will include a list of all of your calendars with tick boxes for each. Those tick boxes control whether each calendar is displayed or not.

Upvote 0
Almost any calendar app can display and edit Google calendars, so I'm not sure what integration advantage the actual Google app has.

But you can do it almost as easily with the Google app. Touch the 3 bar icon at the top-left and the slide-out menu will include a list of all of your calendars with tick boxes for each. Those tick boxes control whether each calendar is displayed or not.

Cool. I found out that I can make calendars on google only on the website and not the app, where as with business calendar I can. Bit odd from google, wonder why? But I would rather use google calendar. Thank you so much! Now to find a widget that works well with this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones