• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internal/External memory

Cutecat42

I am in desperate need of more storage. I only have about 1.5 GB left on the phone, but I bought the phone because I thought I could use an SD card. Turns out that the 64 GB SD card I have is not able to store apps, meaning I can only have like 15-20 apps on my phone at a time...probably not even that many. I spent that past two days, and even pulled and all-nighter, trying to figure out if I could make it work with apps like Link2SD, FolderMount, GL to SD, etc., and even tried messing with the vold.fstab file (but of course this phone has a different set up, so it doesn't work). I haven't tried using a shell terminal or adb, because honestly, I have no clue what they are and how to use them (someone give me a guide, and I'll def try). I also had found a [MOD] where you need a custom ROM and kernel with init.d support, but I haven't tried it out (even though I downloaded the ROM from this forum, and see that there's a kernel as well, the mod .zip file says its for the note 2 or galaxy s3 or things like that, and I don't want to brick my phone). So someone, please, please, PLEASE help me out. Is there a way to move apps to the SD Card, or switch you internal memory to external? And if not, is there anyone on here that can make it possible? Please? =(

EDIT: I am so dumb. I looked into the app Root External 2 Internal SD while I was searching during my overnighter, but I just uninstalled it because I thought it wouldn't work. I thought I might as well try, and turns out, it DOES work. I am so happy right now =) I just have to remember to click it every time I reboot the phone, lol.

EDIT 2: It doesn't actually work, for those of you who thought this was a solution. Still trying to find an answer, lol!

Back
Top Bottom