• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internal storage?

aladdin99

According to specs this phone should have 4GIG internal storage. Why does mine show 1.1GIG?

BTW the phone is awesome.

According to specs this phone should have 4GIG internal storage. Why does mine show 1.1GIG?

BTW the phone is awesome.
4gigs internal doesn't mean you have 4 gigs to use. That is total internal storage, including system area. I know, it's stupid, but that is how they do it.

I think you need 2GB cause 1GB is a lot but does not cut it. And don't even say move whatever to the SD card cause the speeds dont even compare.

I think you need 2GB cause 1GB is a lot but does not cut it. And don't even say move whatever to the SD card cause the speeds dont even compare.

I notice no difference in speeds from moving my apps to the sd. Everything loads and runs perfectly.

1 gb is plenty space for apps. apps that are not used often can be stored as apks on sd card. apps2sd still uses internal space. hope this helps

I've been recklessly grabbing apps, after being app-starved with the wildfire. Still have about a half a gig left, and most of what I've grabbed could be removed since a lot of apps I try out but then decide I like others better, or will just never use them. If I ever fill it up, I can easily clear a few hundred MB this way. Then, if I still run out of space, I'll start moving stuff to sd card. I figure by the time I really run out of space, meaning I can't move anything to sd, and don't want to delete anything, I'll probably be looking for a new phone by then anyway. Even then, if I was desperate, I could archive some rarely used apps in titanium. Phones like the iphone or galaxy that have lots of internal storage, it's nice, but not needed. I'd rather just take my sd card with me, than pay for 16 or 32 GB of internal storage each time I get a new phone. I guess 2 gigs would be nice, but I don't know how anyone could really require over a gig of apps to be happy. There's no way you could use them all. But hey, whatever floats your boat. I'm sure over time, apps will get bigger and bigger so eventually that will change.

The fact that the LG OpV has so little space is why I got away from it and went to very shitty ZTE Warp. I am definitely in a better place now with the wonderful Evo V!!! :D

The warp did have more available storage for some reason.
According to specs both phones have 4GIGs internal.
Im guessing the difference in actually available internal is due to how each phone uses RAM and such. The warp had about 2.5GIGs available.

BTW my warp want THAT bad lol

For those planning on app2sd to relieve storage space issues consider link2SD. Does require being rooted. Advantage is that the app behaves as if it's in internal memory which means that widgets work, startup timers run and so on unlike when you move the app to SDHC card. Basically all the good magic Android stuff.

Back
Top Bottom