• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] How to install custom ROM without losing everything

All the ways i see to install a Rom shows factory reset and i want cm9 when it comes out but dont want to start over, how/if this is possible would i do this?

All the ways i see to install a Rom shows factory reset and i want cm9 when it comes out but dont want to start over, how/if this is possible would i do this?

Its not.

There are ways to back-up most things, but NOT wiping is just asking for all sorts of issues...

You definitely have to wipe, but fortunately, apps like Titanium Backup can back up most of your settings, apps, and data.

There will be small things that you'll have to set back up again, but Titanium Backup will back up all of your downloaded apps, all of the app data (e.g. saved games, preferences) and can back up things like your SMS, call log, stuff like that.

You don't want to back up all the system data so there will be some preferences and stuff that you have to manually set back up - but Ti Backup will get the majority of it.

Back
Top Bottom