• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] sdcard contents buried one level lower with each flash

thetrystero

Jan 19, 2012
Every time I flash a new ROM now, my sdcard contents get moved into a directory called 0 and of buries it deeper and deeper with each flash of a new ROM such that after 4 flashes, say, all my original content now lies in directory /0/0/0/0!!

It never used to do this! I'm not sure if its because of the ROM. I've only ever flashed CyanogenMod and aokp before this. Is there a way that I can prevent it from changing my directory structure?

Every time I flash a new ROM now, my sdcard contents get moved into a directory called 0 and of buries it deeper and deeper with each flash of a new ROM such that after 4 flashes, say, all my original content now lies in directory /0/0/0/0!!

It never used to do this! I'm not sure if its because of the ROM. I've only ever flashed CyanogenMod and aokp before this. Is there a way that I can prevent it from changing my directory structure?

This is a new feature with 4.2. It's part of the multiple user accounts feature in 4.2 I haven't read up on it that much but from what I've seen, most people just move their files back. A quick google search will yield you some answers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones