• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Help please

tegil20

Lurker
Jul 14, 2013
Dear All,

Please help me... I've buy s4 i9500 from black market.. I don't know its original or replica.. kindly please inform me how to installed the air gesture etc fitures on s4 just like s4 original.. because on my existing s4 to activated those fitures are never exits..
Or maybe I must download or upgrade kind firmware on my s4..

Really need help and appreciate any answer
:(

Hello and welcome to Android Forums tegil20! :)

From your PM to me, I know that you are from Indonesia and the term, "Black Market", I believe, has a slightly different meaning to the European usage.

sntaylor is quite right in saying that if you are unsure of your phone you should check the white sticker underneath the battery as well as typing in

*#1234#

into the dial pad which should give you the Version details.

You can also go to Settings > More > About device... and check the details under, Model number, Baseband version and Build number.

Below are 2 links for the Galaxy S4, i9500, User Manuals, that may help you.

Galaxy S4 I9500 User Manual, Simplified Chinese (简体中文, for Southeast Asia regions), Jelly Bean
(Right click, choose save as to down the user manual in PDF format) Galaxy_S4_User-Manual_GT_I9500_Jellybean_Simplified_Chinese_20130424

Galaxy S4 I9500 User Manual, Thai (Siamese, ภาษาไทย phasa thai), Jelly Bean
(Right click, choose save as to down the user manual in PDF format) Galaxy_S4_User-Manual_GT_I9500_Jellybean_Thai_20130417

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones